Markoa focuses on the critical market needs and offers a selection of additional services to provide solutions for each. Building Business Value, For Sale By Owner assistance, Buy-side advisory, and a full-service Oregon Business Brokerage. Our unique education, experience, and skill set have developed the following top-tier offerings.
Solutions to critical market needs
In addition to Business Transfer Preparation and Public Speaking and Instruction services, Markoa offers:
- Business Value Building services
Developed for business owners who plan on selling their business but require a higher sale price than the current market value.
- Business Sale Coaching that Facilitates a For Sale By Owner Solution
Developed for enterprising business owners interested in keeping control of the business sale process and selling it without traditional brokerages’ high cost or shortcomings.
- Buy-Side Advisory Services
Developed for business buyers and investors seeking advice regarding the acquisition of a small business.
- Oregon Business Brokerage
Complete Brokerage services for businesses headquartered in Oregon with adjusted profits of $100,000 to $1,000,000.
The Value Building Services and Business Sale Coaching services are offered only to those who have completed our Business Transfer Preparation session.
Business Value Building Services
We developed our value building services for business owners who plan on selling their business but require a higher sale price than the current market value. Owners seeking a turnkey solution to attract more buyers and make more money from the sale of their enterprise.
The Seller’s Challenge
There are various reasons why an owner may need more capital from the proceeds of their business sale. How to increase business value is an unknown and challenging task for most sellers. A proven system and coaching accountability will deliver results that equate to more money at closing. This is where a confidential outside perspective and a facilitated methodology are needed.
Markoa offers niche coaching services proven to increase the value and improve the saleability of a business. The industry-leading Value Builder System™ facilitates Markoa’s service. This system enables our methodology of testing, measuring, and reviewing the critical value drivers of a business and allows us to implement a tactical plan to improve each driver.
The complete Value Builder Engagement comes with 12 modules delivered over 10 to 12 months. Markoa offers a condensed version as well. We can identify which value drivers provide the best return on investment and focus exclusively on them. We require one month for each value driver selected.
- A proven, facilitated methodology that delivers results.
- Increased market value and improved saleability of the enterprise.
- Ability to step away from the business as an operator.
- Four hours of coaching & instruction for each of the chosen Value Builder modules.
- Understanding of the business sales & acquisitions market and the sales process.
- Insight into business buyer types and how they value a business.
- Opinion of Value of the business and SBA valuation basics.
- Access to the Value Builder System and its reports, surveys, tools, and processes.
- Sample Offer (Letter of Intent) customized to the specific enterprise.
- Access to additional unbiased, confidential advisory services upon request.
Business Sale Coaching, Markoa’s For Sale By Owner Solution
Developed for enterprising business owners interested in keeping control of the business sale process and selling it without traditional brokerages’ high cost or shortcomings. Owners who have the time, skill set, personality, and resolve to overcome the challenges and accomplish a successful business transfer.
The Business Owner’s Challenge
The process of selling a business is complicated, time-consuming, and full of unique challenges that can often fail. It requires a successful methodology, a broad set of skills, and industry-specific resources and relationships to accomplish a ‘good deal done right.’ Business owners who chose to sell their business independently need professional support and all that comes with it to be successful.
Successful business brokerages and intermediaries often ask for upfront fees and 10% – 15% commission with varying versions of reduction for larger transactions. Their cost is expensive and can diminish the quality of retirement or do what comes next. Traditional brokers and intermediaries take control of the sale process, which comes with benefits and shortcomings, some of which can work against you.
Confidentiality and discretion are required throughout the process.
The Markoa Solution
Markoa provides guidance, assistance, resources, and systems to facilitate the sales process from first consideration through post-sale commitments. Our service is confidential and customized to you, your business, and the current market conditions.
We offer business sale coaching and assistance to fit your needs and packaged services for some of the time-consuming or challenging portions of the sales process. You may work with us from start to finish or select specific services when appropriate. We are flexible and here for you when and how we are needed.
Business For Sale By Owner Platform and Deliverables
- The proficiency and confidence that comes with understanding and resources.
- Customized guidance for each step of the process, as needed.
- Significant reduction in vendor expense at closing.
- Maintain control of the sale process and leverage your strengths.
- Proven methodology and associated Digital Tool Set.
- Valuation and pricing expertise.
- Confidential Business Review (CBR) development and maintenance.
- Marketing plan and buyer qualification resources.
- Deal structure and negotiation assistance.
- Sales process management and accountability.
- Considerable time savings and reduction in the required effort.
- Avoidance of potential brokerage challenges.
- Transaction team communication and management.
Buy-Side & Investor Advisory and Support
Developed for business buyers and investors seeking advice regarding the acquisition of a small business. Markoa offers business buyers and investors advisory services to help acquire or fund a small business.
There are efforts that all buyers should take when entering the business sales & acquisitions market; there are also a variety of buy-side needs that arise throughout the acquisition process. Being prepared and informed will help buyers and investors successfully attain their goals.
Markoa can help business buyers and investors with the following:
- Buyer Packaging.
- SBA qualification and buying power defined.
- Buying Process education.
- Business search & qualification guidance.
- Investor ROI metrics and an understanding of appropriate Debt Coverage Ratios.
- Deal Structure and Negotiation assistance – Letter of Intent development.
- Due Diligence advisory.
- Buy-side services and representation by request.
Oregon Business Brokerage
Markoa offers traditional business brokerage services to qualified businesses headquartered in Oregon with adjusted profits of $100,000 to $1,000,000.
Keeping control and participating in the day-to-day sales efforts is not for everyone. The business sale process requires available time, the ability to deal with interruptions, a wide variety of skills, the right personality, salesmanship, and ongoing focus. Many business owners do not possess all that is needed and should rely on a successful and dedicated business transfer specialist.
If you are interested in turning over the sale process to a brokerage, Markoa delivers. With over a decade of success and a proven system, you will receive the highest quality of service available from one of the few Certified Business Intermediaries in the State of Oregon.
We provide unbiased guidance, resources, skills, relationships, and methodology to deliver a good deal done right. Turn the sales efforts over to Markoa, and you continue to run your business. We know what this means to you. Let Markoa deliver your best legacy.
Disclaimer – Legal, Accounting, and Real Estate : Markoa is not a real estate brokerage, and therefore we do not handle any aspect of the lease, sale, or purchase of real estate. We are not lawyers or accountants. Although we provide insight regarding regular industry-related legal and accounting basics, all legal issues and contracts need to be reviewed by your attorney, and all accounting assumptions and tax-related concerns need to be addressed by your accountant. With that said, we do help you prepare for and communicate with your Transaction Team.
Ready to Invest in Your Next Steps?
Markoa’s services deliver on the underserviced needs of the business sales & acquisitions market. Get started today.